Our hostel is located in a highly desirable area, where everything that makes Vienna unique is condensed into an intimate and cosy neighbourhood: Stylish architecture meets hippie scene and multicultural flair, all in Austria's largest city.
Naschmarkt is the name of Vienna's largest open-air market, where you'll find exotic spices and specialities from all over the world, from the affordable to the luxurious, as well as crowds of people enjoying a drink or two while taking in the scenery.
In addition, the Naschmarkt hosts a flea market every Saturday, perfect for buying antiques and other quirky travel souvenirs.
Our Wombat's City Hostel Vienna is located in a beautiful Art-Nouveau building built in the early 20th century, during the Fin de Siecle. Behind this historic façade you will find a five-storey building with modern rooms and private bathrooms.
Our own Wombat's Cafe (with its exclusive Wombat's Roast included) and the legendary womBAR might force you to never leave, but that would be a shame, as the city is just around the corner.
A stroll along the Naschmarkt, past the beautiful historic buildings, will take you directly to Karlsplatz, with the State Opera next door and the well-preserved and incredibly elegant Old Town.
In the immediate vicinity of the Naschmarkt are some of the trendiest and liveliest neighbourhoods in the whole city, with clubs, bars, cafés and restaurants lined up next to each other, ensuring that both a wild night out and a good dinner are just a minute's walk away.
If you want to go further afield, our hostel is perfectly located just across the street from the underground station that provides a direct link to everything from the world-famous Schönbrunn Castle to Vienna Airport.
- Bed linen.
- Our own Wombat's city maps.
- Wombat's Café.
- The womBAR for endless parties and WomDollar discount on your drinks.
- A guest kitchen open to all who want to satisfy their own culinary needs.
- 24/7 reception.
- Secure luggage storage.
- Rental items (umbrellas, hairdryers, adaptors: what an enthusiastic traveller might need).
- Coin-operated laundry facilities (wash and dry), so you can revitalise your clothes!.
Try our new tasty Brekkie: Classic or Vegan Style with modular add-ons, our own Wombat's Breakfast Coffee Roast and Organic Milk, ensuring you have enough energy for your exciting day in Vienna. You can buy breakfast for an affordable price at reception.
(Minimum age: 18 years).
* Full payment is required at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
* In the event of early departure, cancellation or non-fulfilment of the booking, the amount paid will not be refunded.
* Any extension of this stay requires a new booking for the additional dates, subject to availability and current rates.
In the event of invalid credit card details, our team will contact you. You will have 48 hours to provide valid credit card details, otherwise we reserve the right to cancel the booking.