Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card on arrival. Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
The following group types are not accepted by this hostel: Junior / Primary School, High / Secondary School, Stag/Hen/Bachelor Party If you have misrepresented the type of group you are booking for, your booking may be cancelled by the hostel."
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
Since many travelers love the word free, here are some of the Free :-) services we offer :
- Free bed sheets
- Free towels
- Free internet with skype/scanner/camera/burner
- Free WiFi
- Free safe deposit boxes in all dorm rooms
- Free use of our fully equipped kitchen
- Free spices and oil for cooking
- Free filtered drinking water
- Free smiles
- Free exchange library
- Free luggage storage
- Free soap for self laundry washing
- Free and complete travel information about Salvador and the area.
- Free use of the hostel after checkout, until 22:30, including showers and internet
- Free Coffee all day
- Free taxi booking
- Free games and playing cards
- Free guest phone for receiving calls
- Free bus ticket booking (the bus company charges around R$10 for delivering them)
- Free booking for Moro de sao Paulo catamaran tickets
- Free, in the hostel, airline tickets booking
- Free Booking of Candomble (afro-Brazilian religion) ceremony with a private guide (and not a travel agency that personally we don't trust 2 much)
- Free booking for onward hostels of your choice
- Free food delivery
Other services, and forgive us some are not free yet, are:
- Currency exchange
- Laundry services
- Outside balcony with hammocks
- Nargilas/water pipes/Shisha/Huka
- English speaking staff
- Security guard at night
- 2 cats and a dog (They are all dead now. Age. Had a good life thought)
- Airport pickup (R$100)
- No curfew, no lockout
- Check In time 13:00hs
- Check Out time 12:00hs
Despite the above, there is much more to traveling than just staying at a hostel who offers you all this great services for free. As travelers, the moment we left our home country we have in a way made the entire world part of our life now. We can no longer ignore the situation in Zimbabwe, the hunger in Brazil, the genocide in Darfur, cutting down the rainforest, pollution, global heating and unfortunately the list is endless. I know, we all have that feeling that we, the small individual cannot do anything about these big issues but as Obama said on his election campaign, YES WE CAN!
We here in the Nega Maluca have been for years helping poor families in our neighborhood with basic food supplies financed from our money and donations travelers left for this cause. It is time to think bigger. We have stopped using plastic bags and now have recycled bags for the use of our guests when they go to the Super market. We are sponsoring on a monthly basis an orphan child in Mozambique whose parents died from aids (www.sos-childrensvillages.org). It takes only $1 a day to change a Childs life (less than a bottle of beer) and there is still so much more we can do. By staying in our guesthouse you are directly helping in these causes because part of all income is set aside for these matters.
Don't get us wrong. Even if you don't stay with us, we will still continue financing these projects and looking for new ways we can contribute as these are our principals and beliefs in life and they are much more important than more or less guests in our house. However, together with you we can do much more than we can alone.
We are located in the Historic centre of Salvador with its cobbled streets and beautifully preserved and painted colonial houses. Our house is on a quiet residential street, where locals still sit outside as the evening falls and talk about their neighbor's life :-). We are only 3 min. walk away from the centre of the action where live music and percussion bands play daily, for free, but far enough to enjoy some peace and quiet when the party is over and have a good night of sleep. We are a few min. walk from the only supermarket in the area, museums, travel agencies and basically everything you will need for your stay in Salvador.
We really hope to host you in our home and for you to become part of our family.
Inbal, Natalia & the rest of the gang
Note: All doubles are air conditioned as are the 8 bed mixed dorms + 1 10 bed dorm. We have left 1 dorm room with fans to give an option to those who are not fond of air con. Or want a more economical option.
Last note. Promise: Payment in the hostel is in cash only. We do not accept any credit card.
Reservations of beds in a dorm does not require any payment in advanced. For private bedrooms, since we have only three, must be done a payment in advance of 1 night.
New year 2020. For booking private bedroom including 31st of December night, must be reserved a minimum 3 (three) nights.
Please note: When it says here on the site 12 bed dorm it means 12 hammocks on our covered roof!!! Please be aware
EARLY BIRDS: For Carnival 2019, for payments made in full before November 30th, 2018 a 10% discount will be given! 浏览旅舍规则
- Air Conditioning
- 24 小时保安
- 24 小时前台服务
请输入 账号密码 <% email %>