April 20, 2010
While the dissipating ash-filled cloud over Europe continues to disrupt travelers, Hostelworld.com, the leading provider of online reservations to the budget, independent and youth travel market, announced that customers affected by flight cancellations will be will be credited with their deposit which can be used on future bookings.
Hostelworld.com is doing every thing they can to ease the burden to our customers and those who have been left stranded or cannot make their bookings due to the disruption caused by the volcanic ash can get in touch with the Hostelworld.com customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org who will look at all queries on a case by case basis. All Hostelworld.com customers affected by the volcano will also be automatically entered into a drawing to win an iPod iTouch and Hostelworld.com merchandise each day during the week of April 25.
Hostelworld.com recognizes that budget travelers may feel particular concern as they count their currency and hope for the best. In an effort to help stranded travelers maximize budgets and minimize confusion and boredom, Hostelworld.com has created the following tips for budget-conscious travelers stranded by the air travel ban.
Hostelworld.com tips to help you survive when 'stranded':
• Don't fret! Hostelworld.com has excellent customer service who are on hand to help you with any query you have in relation to your bookings.
• If you are stranded in an airport far from home, or your travel budget is quickly vanishing as you await transport - visit www.hostelworld.com and check out some of the great hostels close to you if you have to extend your stay.
• Hostelworld.com's free iPhone app is an excellent way for stranded customers to find a hostel close by, and many hostels are playing their part in volcano specials with many offering cheaper beds, free nights, free wifi and drinks vouchers (check out the specials)
• Sick of listening to the airport chaos? Download Hostelworld.com's top podcasts and listen your way through the wait.
• Escape the reality by taking a look at some of our award-winning videos
• Take a few minutes to send us your Ash Update via twitter.
• Catch up on some quality reading by visiting the Hostelworld.com Blog - Read some of our exciting entries, or leave us a blog post and let us know how the ash is affecting you
• Bored with airport shopping? Why not visit our Travel Store where you can get great discounts on top products such as travel sims, language courses, travel insurance, guide books and much more.
• Ever dreamt of eco trekking across Northern Thailand or taking an Airboat Ride at an Alligator Farm in Miami? Well when the dust settles you could do just that… check out our tours.
Hostelworld.com customers who have been left stranded or cannot make their bookings due to the disruption caused by the volcanic ash can contact the Hostelworld.com customer service team (email@example.com). All Cancellations must be made directly with the hostels.
The global market leader for 10 years, Hostelworld.com is the leading provider of online reservations to the budget, independent and youth travel market. It offers confirmed online reservations for over 23,000 hostels and budget hotels in 186 countries worldwide. The site also offers budget travelers over 2.7 million user reviews, free travel videos, podcasts, customized city guides, a travel social network and more. Hostelworld.com is headquartered in Dublin and is fully owned and operated by Web Reservations International Ltd (WRI)